Writer’s Block officially begins on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11 at 7PM
with InKY Readings at the Bard’s Town, 1801 Bardstown Road
7 PM-Brigid Kaelin
7:30 PM Adam Vines
8 PM- Fiction Contest Winner
8:30 PM- Holly Goddard Jones
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12 WRITER’S BLOCK FESTIVAL
Registration begins at 9 AM at the Green Building, 732 E. Market Street, Louisville
9 AM The Print Fair Opens at the Local Speed
9:30 Morning Workshop Groups Form in the Green Building; participants will be escorted to various venues on E. Market Street.
10 AM The Writer’s Block Conversation with Poet Laureate, Frank X Walker, begins in the Green Building Gallery.
11:15 AM Frank X Walker book-signing in the Green Building Lobby
11:30-12:00 Book Signings in The Green Building Gallery: Holly Goddard Jones, Arwen Donahue, Kathleen Driskell
12:00-12:30 Book-Signings in the Green Building Lobby: Adam McOmber, Lynnell Edwards, Julia Johnson
11:30 to 12:30 Lunch on your own at one of the terrific restaurants in NuLu. Shop at boutiques. Browse Galleries.
A list of the businesses and restaurants will be available at the registration table.
12:30 PM Afternoon Workshop groups form in the Green Building Lobby. Paricipants will be escorted to various venues on E. Market Street.
- “Start Something” Panel in the Green Building Gallery
- Lecture, “Writing Historical Fiction” by author James Markert in the Swanson Contemporary Gallery
2:15-2:45 Book Signing in the Green Building Lobby by James Markert
- “Coming In” panel in the Green Building Gallery
- Unbound Live: Dance Remix Readings in Swanson Contemporary Gallery
- Book club event with the author of “A White Wind Blew,” James Markert, in the Please & Thank You coffee shop.
3:15 -3:45 PM Book Signings in the Green Building Lobby by Brian Leung, Amy Tudor & Erin Keane
- Graphic Literature Panel in the Green Building Gallery
- Adam McOmber and Julia Johnson Reading in the Swanson Contemporary Gallery
6:00PM – Axton Keynote Reading with Tim Gautreaux in the Cressman Center Visual Arts Center at 100 East Main Street
7 PM— Book-siging by Tim Gautreaux
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE, EXCEPT FOR WORKSHOPS. THE AXTON KEYNOTE READING IS FREE.